2009/01/15

Media and Advertising




Hello, how are you guys? It’s Little Asian Asumi from your COMM 2010 class. This is my first time to post for real assignment!! I researched relationship between Media and Advertising on the inter-net. It was very interesting to know that stuffs and I will keep researching about this topic.

One of the thing, I found good quote which is my favorite one,


"Advertising is the art of arresting the human intelligence just long enough to get money from it."


— Chuck Blore, a partner in the advertising firm Chuck Blore & Don Ruchman, Inc., quoted by Ben H. Bagdikian, The Media Monopoly, Sixth Edition, (Beacon Press, 2000), p.185.


I definitely understand and agree with this quote. In Japan, it’s same that advertising is very important for broadcast companies to get money. However, there day many people watch more inter-net rather than TV. So, the TV Company couldn’t get enough money for broadcast. One of the article said, “In America, TV audience’s average age of is fifteen-four year old. I was so surprise this number. The reasons why that biggest cause is internet become more common. Indeed internet is very convenience and you can use any time you what. So I think that internet is getting more common more than TV or any other mass media. And people using TV decrease next 10 years I think.




1 件のコメント:

  1. This is a great quote, and I think you're making a good connection between internet and TV advertising, but I want you to think about why this is important, and how it affects our society.

    返信削除